Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Black pudding and a good salad


"You can not mix cabbage and lingonberry. It's like in school." I tend to agree with my partner, Fredrik. I did not like that mixture either. Did not like cabbage at all in school when I think about it, but understand why the served it. It contains much lime and is one of our cheapest vitamin C sources.

In several days, however, I have thought about making Winter Salads or Weightwatchers sallad that it actually named. I have just renamed it, for I think it deserves a good title when it is so good.

Winter Salad
(8-10 servings)
800-900 g white cabbage
2 large carrots
1 leek
1 large cucumber

Marinade
1 dl cider vinegar
½ dl cooking oil
1 dl sugar or 10 ml of liquid suckett (myself do I use plain sugar)
½ teaspoon salt

Cabbage and leek is shreded, carrots and gurkan is roughly grated.Everything is mixed. Boil all the ingredients to the Marinade and pour over the warm salad. Flavor with fresh or dried herbs. NOTE: It becomes very salad of this batch.

No comments: